MR.... XMAS FOOD SHOPPING..???

OH WOW!!!  As Hubbie volunteered to order the Xmas ham from the Butcher - and with my usual warning 'NOT TO BIG OR Too MUCH' - I left him to do that task....so yesterday was pick up ham day - and of course he came home with MUCH TO MUCH AND TO BIG....I guess I will be searching lots of recipes for Xmas ham leftovers to use it up - wonder if I can cut and freeze some....?


One good thing....It came with a ham bag...so that's convenient.  The carving instructions are helpful - might save me mangling the ham - must remember to look..

And I always soak - usually a tea towel in vinegar to wrap and keep fresh.....

The printing on the other side of the bag....Free advertising?
Now for the traditional Xmas Trifle....got some of the ingredients..Jellies/Sponge Jam roll/custard Powder - have to get fruit salad - cream and maybe some liqueur to soak cake in....or maybe not - Family think I am heavy handed....LOL certainly can't get the kids tipsie at Xmas.....I have mentioned before I am the quickest cook in the west...fast and easy - way  to go......Pic from Web - but mine will look like this.......HOPEFULLY.......YEP IT MUST.....OK SOMETHING LIKE THIS......

Getting closer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed